The French cake is responsible for preparing and baking good quality cakes and creating some of the most delectable and lovely desserts. This position is under National Occupation Classification (NOC) B. Some of the responsibilities included:
• Operate and manage a kitchen’s pastry section, working with the other chefs.
• Prepare a variety of baked goods.
• Decorate and present pastries, desserts and baked goods tastefully and beautifully.
• Monitor and order ingredients, supplies and equipment.
• Meet with customers to discuss custom-made desserts or baked goods for special occasions.
• Ensure the bakery section of the kitchen adheres to health and safety regulations.
• Develop new seasonal recipes and menus and keep up with the latest trends.
• High school diploma or training certificate(s)
• Good English communication skills; speaking French is a bonus (IELTS is not mandatory but preferred)
• Ability to lift to 30 pounds to carry cleaning tools and necessary movement of baking tools & equipment
• Previous work experience related to the position is an asset
• Must be willing to be relocated to Quebec
• Must have some knowledge of baking French bread and pastries
This position is a full-time role with the required minimum of 40 hours per week schedule and salary ranging from an hourly of CAD$14-16. An interested applicant shall send their application via the “Apply for this Job” button on the manajobs.ca website. Only qualified applicants will be called for an interview and processing of a work permit.
Tagged as: bakery, french cakes
You need to be signed in to apply for this position.Sign in