Top Hospitality Jobs in Canada
As you know, Canada is a multicultural nation with many job opportunities for foreign workers. So, if you are an international worker looking for hospitality jobs, keep reading this article and discover everything about this great industry. Certainly, it may be your best option to start living a new life. In general, Canada is a destination known for offering food and tastes from all over the world. Consequently, the hospitality and tourism industry is vital to the Canadian economy. It is a source of jobs in each region. Then, the demand for chefs, cooks, servers, and bartenders is increasing. Indeed, you can always find available hospitality jobs across the country. Of course, depending on the season, it may vary, but it is a field that never stops.
Hospitality Jobs in Canada
In Canada, trained chefs and cooks have ample space to develop and enhance their skills. Moreover, qualified chefs and cooks are highly required across the industry at the moment to fulfill their labour shortage. So, hospitality jobs have become a newcomer’s primary income source. Canada is a vast country with restaurant chains and cafes that continually welcome experienced cooks, chefs and waitresses, to provide excellent service and maintain customer’s expectations. As a result, companies often offer hospitality jobs and look for cooks and chefs in Canada. But, of course, it is a job position requiring individuals to hold their valid visas and work permits.
Why Are Hospitality Jobs in Demand?
Working in the hospitality industry seems to be an excellent start for establishing an optimistic future in Canada. As we mentioned, citizens, residents and international students from several backgrounds love to discover new meals and food worldwide. And Canada has it all. Furthermore, the industry offers hospitality jobs in several places, not only in restaurants but also in bakeries, bars, hotels and more. Therefore, chefs, bakers, cook helpers and bartenders with experience are in high demand in the industry. Moreover, they all help keep their home countries’ different backgrounds, lifestyles, and traditions.
Job Titles in the Hospitality Industry
Overall, it is vital to know that this industry is vast. It includes jobs in:
- Theme parks and other recreational facilities
However, if you are looking for jobs in the hospitality industry, you must know some of these works may include dealing with customers face-to-face, while others may just be behind the scenes.
Some of the Titles in Hospitality Jobs are:
- Cruise Ship Attendant
- Front Desk Associate
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Front Office Attendant
- Guest Services Associate
- Hotel Clerk
- Hotel Receptionist
- Reservations Agent
- Back Office Assistant
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Parking Lot Attendant
- Valet Attendant
- Valet Parking Attendant
- Back Waiter
- Banquet Server
- Catering Assistant
- Food Runner
- Food Server
- Head Waiter
Once looking for jobs in the hospitality industry, you may see that some positions are entry-level. However, it is where you can climb fast, get a promotion and get better pay.
What are the Skills Required for Hospitality Jobs?
As you can see, many options in the hospitality industry offer significant growth for your professional career. But, depending on your interests, there are many places and different positions to start. One of the main things you need to look at is the skills. Make sure you meet them, and if not, make sure you do something to get it.
- Detail Oriented: If you are in the cooking process, you must keep all attention to detail. Being in the kitchen means you must follow instructions and be aware of the cooking temperatures and other guidelines. But, even if you are not in the kitchen, it is a skill required in all positions. Then, as long as some of these hospitality jobs need you to be involved with people, you must be detailed-oriented and make sure you meet customer’s expectations.
- Dedication to Excellence Spirit: Food quality is essential if you are a chef. Indeed, everything needs commitment to excellence, from choosing the ingredients to the serving. All hospitality jobs require you to dedicate yourself to excellence and be ready to give the best every day.
- Creativity: If you are a chef, a cooker, a baker, a waiter or a hotel receptionist, you must think out of the box. Most of the time, you’ll follow standards, but sometimes you need to come up with solutions and different ways of doing things. So then, creativity is essential for any of these hospitality jobs.
- Teamwork: International people looking for different experiences come together to discover new food or have a great time while enjoying the several services you offer. Then, excellent teamwork skills help your coworkers enjoy daily activities, provide a great customer experience and work in a fantastic environment.
- Organization- Working in a kitchen, a hotel, a bar, a cruise, or any entertainment business may be hectic at some rush hours. Therefore, you must be able to keep organized at all times.
Sometimes it may seem complicated, but it’s the best way to ensure you keep up with your work and provide excellent service. But, depending on your work and the season, hospitality jobs may get busier some days than others. So keeping organized is vital.
How Can You Immigrate to Work in The Hospitality Industry?
Canada offers different programs for skilled workers to immigrate and work. However, you must choose the one that best fits your needs. Discover all your options, ensure you meet the criteria and apply. Some of the most popular programs to immigrate and find hospitality jobs in Canada are:
- Express Entry
- LMIA Job Offer
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Atlantic Immigration Program
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
How Can We Help?
If you are a newcomer in Canada or are looking for hospitality jobs from abroad, at mana immigration, we can help you. We have a team of regulated consultants and lawyers experts in work permits, work visas and everything you need to immigrate and live your dreams. So, if you are ready to do it, contact us to have an assessment, explore your pathways and start working on your case as soon as possible.